Public Meeting Room
We invite the public to utilize the meeting room at your Orcas Island Fire District Headquarters — Eastsound Fire Station.
The room is available for meetings and events for non-profit organizations and community groups. No fees may be charged by the group for people attending the meeting or event.
- Reservations are required and may be made up to four months in advance.
- Use of the meeting room is free unless food of any kind is served. This applies to catered food or personal snacks/food brought by the group or its members.
- Food is only permitted with payment of a $50 fee, to offset additional cleaning costs. Only non-alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- The room is equipped with audio/visual equipment upon request.
- Maximum occupancy is 88 people.
How do I Reserve the Public Meeting Room?
- Please call for availability.
- Review the Public Meeting Room Policies.
- Check our Events Calendar to see the meeting room schedule.
- You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the station at 360-376-2331 during regular business hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please provide the following information:
- Date and time desired
- Approximate number of attendees expected
- Organization name
- Contact person, telephone number, and email address
- Will you require use of the projector and/or screen
- Will food be consumed ($50 cleaning fee applies)
The identified party will be responsible for:
- Opening the room
- Returning the room back to proper configuration as posted just inside the door.
- Any damage to the room, furniture, or equipment
- Turning off the lights
- Securing the room and the building after the meeting
- Return of key if issued for weekend meetings/events
If a reservation is made for a meeting when the station is closed, arrangements must be made with District staff for key pickup and return.
Please note: Our staff is normally available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., but may be called out for an emergency response at any time. We recommend you prepare for any administrative needs prior to your event.