Welcome to Orcas Island Fire & Rescue. We are the Firefighter Paramedics, Firefighter EMTs, volunteers and staff who are dedicated to helping you, our neighbors, in your time of need.
To provide the highest level of protection to life and property, and promote community safety through the extension of fire prevention, fire suppression, medical rescue and public education services, consistent with the prudent utilization of public funds.
- To be a resource for the latest fire and medical safety information, to keep our community safe.
- To pursue excellence in all we do, through continuous training and education.
- To proudly serve the people of Orcas Island, Washington.
We provide 24-hour emergency fire prevention and suppression, along with emergency medical services (advanced life support) to the entire Orcas Island community.
Learn more about our history and our staff.
Strategic Plan 2013-2018 has been approved. Click here to view
OIFR Approved Budget for 2014. Click here to view
Schedule of Events
- Brown Bag Lunches: Bring your lunch, meet with OIFR for discussion about our operations, the levy, and an optional “Five Minute Hands Only CPR Class”
- Town Hall Meetings: Evening “Town Hall” style meetings featuring discussion about our operations, the levy, and an optional “Five Minute Hands Only CPR Class”
- Open House: Tour the fire station, observe live demonstrations, and talk with OIFR staff about operations, funding, and the Levy Lid-Lift. Participate in an optional “Five Minute Hands Only CPR Class”
Brown Bag Lunch February 25, Tues. 12:00 p.m.- 1:30 p.m. Station 21
Town Hall Meeting February 26, Wed. 5:00 p.m.- 6:30 p.m. Station 21
Open House March 1, Sat. 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Station 21
Brown Bag Lunch March 6, Thurs. 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Doe Bay Fire Hall
Brown Bag Lunch March 12, Wed. 12:00 p.m.- 1:30 p.m. Olga Com. Club
Brown Bag Lunch March 27, Thurs. 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Orcas Fire Sta. 26
Open House March 29, Sat. 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Deer Harbor St 24
Town Hall Meeting April 1, Tues. 5:00 p.m. -6:30 p.m. Station 21
Open House April 12, Sat. 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Doe Bay Fire Hall
Town Hall Meeting April 16, Wed. 5:00 p.m. -6:30 p.m. Station 21